Our school was originally opened in 1815 as Kentish and Camden Town National School. It was originally located in Great (now Royal) College Street. The National Society opened many schools in London, charged with the responsibility of educating the poor pupils of the rapidly expanding local area.

In 1849 our school moved to its current location in Islip Street. The school was opened by the Bishop of London and it provided an education for both girls and boys from the local area.