Kentish Town Church of England Primary School
Love- Equality – Compassion
Excellent Teaching, Excellent Effort, Excellent Progress:
Every Child, Every Lesson, Every Day
School Development and Improvement Plan Overview 2020-21
These are the key things we have decided to work on in order to further improve the provision for our children. The four headings below are the key areas which Ofsted look at in schools.
Quality of Education (curriculum intent, implementation and impact)
- Review our curriculum so that it reflects the experiences and diversity of our community and for all opportunities for anti-racist teaching to be maximised.
- Implement the new RSE curriculum in light of the statutory changes and advice from the Church of England.
- Further develop the quality of teaching in RE
- To utilise all opportunities to assess and fill in gaps in children’s learning following the period of school closure, successfully utilising any catch up premium funds.
Personal Development and Wellbeing.
- Embed the PSHE curriculum to ensure that safeguarding is evident in response to local context.
- Further develop a whole school response to promoting the positive mental health of children and staff.
Behaviour and Attitudes
- Consolidate children’s behaviour for learning by revisiting Growth Mindset project.
- Continue to work closely with parents and carers as partners in their children’s learning (building on their contribution during school closure).
Leadership and Management (including Governance)
- Developing the leadership skills of all subject leaders to support their articulation of the 3 x I’s in their subject/s.
- Curriculum Leaders group to lead on the development of our curriculum.
- Continue to report to Curriculum Committee on the Intent, Implementation and Impact of our curriculum.
Article 29: Your education should help you use and develop your talents and abilities. It should also help you learn to live peacefully, protect the environment and respect other people.